A delicious side-dish preparation made with a double quantity of onions added to okra…
3 cups sliced okra (bhindi)
1 ½ cup sliced onions
1 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp nigella seeds
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
1 to 2 green chillies, chopped
2 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp amchur powder or to taste
1/2 tsp garam masala
2-3 tbsp beaten curd
3 tbsp oil
Salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the cumin seeds and nigella seeds and allow the seeds to crackle.
- Add the onions, turmeric powder, garlic-ginger paste and green chillies and cook till the onions are tender.
- Add bhindi and all the other powder spices. Mix well.
- Stir-fry for 15 min or till cooked well. Add the curd and cook till dry out.
- Serve hot with parathas or chapatis.